Here I will try and keep up to date the my progress on the design of this board game.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Battle bag used for supply and demand?

Just a quick thought I had the other day while my 3rd grade son was learning about ratios for is math homework:

In a recent GDS (MERFOLK ZOMBIES) I thought up a battle system where the players took all their pieces at a location. Put them into a bag and drew out the ones that lived. Thinking that the more outnumbered you were the greater the odds you would have of being left in the bag and therefore dyeing.

Recently I thought about applying this bag to my Time Smugglers game.

Throughout the game players can add colored cubes or remove them. Either action will change the color ratio of the cubes still in the bag. I want to use the remaining ratio(s) to help determine the supply and demand functions for the game. If I can develop this more maybe it’s the center of the game that I have been waiting for.

I have to think about it more.

No comments: