Here I will try and keep up to date the my progress on the design of this board game.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Noblemen goes to the back burner for a bit.

I have some strong ideas for a new game and I be itching to start a new design. I am not finished with Noblemen yet. I should finish it before moving on but I will put it on the back burner for a bit at least while I flesh out and combine as much possible the currently set of disjointed ideas for the new game. These new ideas are exciting and I need to get them down all together to really see if I have something before I forget some of them.

Part of the problem is I am not sure what "finished" means with Noblemen. The game seems to be complete but is it as fun as it could be? I do have an idea, an old idea, about removing the Noble title ladder / Masquerade balls and having just one set of titles. Each player would choose one at the beginning of the game through some mechanic. Then depending on the Title they had they would be afforded some extra luxury. Part of the idea is that there would still be a ranking to the titles and the higher titles would give more but would require more prestige to maintain them.

Finished probably should mean finish the rules layout, do some screen text. and wrap it up in a neat bow and put it on the shelf. Take what I have learned from the process and move on.

Either way I am promising myself that I will go back and do what is needed to finish it. This is a promise I realize I am not that great at keeping. This time will be different. Honest.

No comments: