Here I will try and keep up to date the my progress on the design of this board game.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Play Test with real people!

A couple nights ago I got the chance to play test V 0.04 with my BGDW friends.

I thought it went pretty well for that group. I mean they / we are a bunch of highly critical, well meaning, strong opinionated group. Once we got past a couple of the colors are hard to discern most of the game played reasonably well.

From the testing I have decided to change the theme from stocks to sales contracts which is a good idea. It fits pretty good because you are always looking to buy contracts when you find them cheap and then you can sell them its finding a buyer that is willing to pay you more. You are still a broker of sorts.

I am going to end the game after two halves instead of 4 quarters. I will adjust how many cubes seed the bag before each half. 12 was too much for a quarter so maybe I make it 16 for the half.

Another idea is to loose the quarter cubes and just make each round a quarter and end the game after 4 rounds / quarters.

Also I am going to tighten up how many stocks and gizmos are in the game to start. Maybe they should flex on a per player basis.

The only thing I am not sure about is Tim's problem of where should the turn order markers go at the beginning of a Market phase. I still feel this was something that you guys may have been too critical about.

It a was very valuable session. I will make adjustments and start playing it more soon.

The rules are getting too long to put here easily so I need a better solution for this.

No comments: